We understand that you may be asking yourself if this service is right for you? You have come to the right place if:
- Your regular veterinarian or a trainer has told you that your pet's behavioral problems are outside the scope of his/her care or expertise.
- Your pet has injured you, another person or another pet.
- Your pet has repetitive, destructive and/or self-injurious behavior.
- Your pet always seems anxious or afraid.
- You have considered re-homing or euthanizing your pet based on his or her behavior.
- Something in your gut tells you that your pet's behavior is outside the norm of a happy, healthy dog or cat.
To further understand the behavior services that we provide, please review our consultation descriptions below and/or read this brochure - "What is a Veterinary Behaviorist?"
If you are still uncertain whether or not our practice is right for you and your pet, please contact us.
Treatment of behavior disorders can be complex, a commitment to the pet is essential to increase the likelihood of success.
Behavior Consultations & Fees
Comprehensive Consultation Package - $580 (includes 2 consultation visits and 3 months of email support)
- An initial consultation is approximately 1.5 to 2 hours long. It will include the following:
- A discussion and evaluation of your pets medical and behavioral history.
- A discussion of your pet’s behavior diagnosis and causes, including a discussion of any medical problems that might be causing or exacerbating your pet’s behavior.
- A discussion of Management Strategies and Behavior Modification and training recommendations.
- If medication is indicated for your pet, this will also be discussed and prescribed if needed.
- After the consult, written reports will be emailed to you summarizing what was discussed at the consult along with additional information, handouts, and how-to videos.
- Copies of these reports will also be sent to your primary care veterinarian.
- A one-hour follow up appointment will be scheduled for approximately 2 months later, at the end of the initial appointment.
- Charges for lab work, behavior equipment, behavior therapy training, and medication (if indicated) are additional.
- Non-behavioral procedures will be directed back to your referring veterinarian, or an another veterinary specialist if indicated.
- For our new appointment letter to be read during the Covid-19 pandemic, please click here.
Level II Follow Up Consultation Fee: $350
- For clients who have completed an Initial Consultation with their pet, but feel that continued care is still warranted.
- Includes a 30-60 minute in-person recheck appointment, a written report, 3 months of email follow up, and reporting to your veterinarian.
- The need for follow up visits vary from case to case.
“With your guidance and direction on understanding how a dog learns with positive training, our world turned around. Not only has it changed my dog’s life, but mine too!!!”
— Ralph & Liz